Christopher Malliet — Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)®
Christopher Malliet is the owner and inspector of Long Cove Inspections LLC. Sometimes homebuyers are wary of hiring a home inspector because they’re unsure if a third-party inspection will be worth their time—but Chris is confident you won’t regret giving him a call. Work in the building trades has been his life’s work, and as a professional home inspector, Chris has been able to redirect his passion for building science and quality craftsmanship to help people reach their highest home-buying potential.
Breaking Down the Building Science
For the 40+ years that Chris spent in the building trades, he learned something new virtually every time he started work on a new project—and when it comes to safe and sound building practices, 40 years of accumulated knowledge is an invaluable asset. When Chris inspects a home, he takes his time to break down the building science, sharing insights about the home’s construction in a way that’s easy for any client to understand. If Chris comes across an issue with the structure or a mechanical system, he shows homebuyers the result of that issue and what caused it, whether it’s moisture intrusion, electrical damage, or any number of other factors.
Experience & Certifications
- 40+ years in the building trades
- Trained and certified by Maine Housing Authority as a weatherization technician and energy auditor
- Formerly certified as a Building Systems Analyst by BPI
- InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)®
- Maine Coalition of Home Inspection Professionals (ME CHIPS)
- Certified Residential Thermographer (CRT)
A Home Inspector Who Values His Clients
- Chris invites his clients to join him during the inspection process so he can point out potential problem areas in person and address questions as they come up
- There’s no good reason to rush the home inspection process—Chris takes his time to provide a truly in-depth home evaluation and to help homebuyers fully understand what the results of the inspection mean
- If clients have any remaining questions after reading their inspection report, they are more than welcome to call Chris well into the future for additional insights
When He’s Not Inspecting Homes
Chris’s principal hobby involves maintaining a 63-year-old classic sailboat that he loves to race, cruise, and maintain during the summer season. Chris also enjoys re-building old boats.
BOOK YOUR INSPECTION
At Long Cove Inspections LLC, we have the knowledge to accurately evaluate any style of home. It doesn’t matter if you’re a first-time homebuyer, a retiree moving to the area, or someone looking to invest in a great vacation home—we’re committed to helping out any prospective homebuyer who needs it. Contact us today to request an inspection.
Weekend appointments are available upon request. Call to ask about our discounts for active military and veterans, first-time homebuyers, repeat clients, and senior citizens.